Here’s a delicious recipe from a loyal customer! Thanks, Jamie…can’t wait to try it. You can add chopped peppers, mushrooms or other vegetables to the mix to suit your tastes.
The stuffing freezes by itself nicely – you can make this ahead.
- 4 Acorn Squash, halved, seeded and roasted (or steamed in microwave)
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 20 oz Ground Turkey (93% fat free or substitute with turkey sausage)
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme (or add to taste)
- 1/2 tsp ground sage (or add to taste)
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed (or add to taste)
- 2 apples, chopped into 1/2" cubes
- 5 oz Mrs. G’s Jalapeno Garlic Lime jelly (to taste)
- Grated parmesan cheese