My friend Celeste, of Hot But Sweet Jalapeno Relish, used to come by my booth nearly every Saturday at Little Italy Mercato and tell me that she had grilled shrimp that weekend with a glaze of Jalapeno Garlic Lime, her favorite jelly and favorite pairing. It was a while before I tried it. I confess my favorite is Mango Ginger Habanero with grilled salmon, but I admit the shrimp rivals my salmon.
There is something perfect about the combination of jalapenos, lime, garlic and shrimp. Try wrapping the shrimp with slightly cooked bacon before brushing with pepper jelly! My favorite!
It is the mildest of our jellies, so even your kids will love it!
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon course salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 lbs. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 c. Jalapeno Garlic Lime jelly, slightly melted
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- In a small bowl, mix crushed garlic with salt, then mix in paprika, olive oil and lime juice. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp with the above mixture until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Meanwhile, slightly melt the pepper jelly on the stove or in the microwave.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers. Brush the pepper jelly liberally on both sides of the shrimp. Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side, or until opaque. Spoon on more jelly, if desired.
- Serve with lime wedges and extra melted pepper jelly.